Family Law Attorney Position
Gulfcoast Legal Services, Inc., a nonprofit civil legal aid provider, is seeking a full-time bilingual required, Family Law Staff Attorney to join our team in Pinellas County. This position includes remote work opportunities and weekly office hours at the InterCultural Advocacy Institute in Tarpon Springs and Clearwater, formerly the Hispanic Outreach Center.
This position involves a high degree of professionalism, advocacy, compassion, trauma informed care and independence. The successful candidate will provide a full range of high quality legal services to individual clients and to client groups, including representation in the Sixth Circuit Court. The position reports to an experienced Deputy Director for family law. Applicants should be comfortable working with survivors of abuse and trauma.
- Ability to work on various community projects with different partnering agencies.
- Ability to work independently and with attention to detail on all case matters.
- Ability to deal professionally and efficiently with people and clients in crisis. Experience with trauma informed care or training preferred.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality and provide representation and legal services to clients in all aspects of family law.
- A commitment to providing high-quality legal services to vulnerable populations.
- Juris Doctorate degree from ABA-accredited law school.
- Florida Bar membership and eligibility to practice law in the State of Florida.
- Prior experience as an attorney a plus, with preference for prior family law experience. Law school clinical experience and/or internship will be considered.
- Fluency in Spanish is required for the current position.
Gulfcoast Legal Services is an equal opportunity employer. Salary starting at $50,000/yr DOE. We offer an excellent benefits package, 2% retirement match, generous paid time off, the opportunity to work partially remote hours, a 37.5 hour work week and professional development CLE payment assistance. Attorneys may also qualify for the Loan Repayment Assistance Program through the Florida Bar Foundation of up to $5,000 yearly, as well as Public Service Loan Forgiveness programs. GLS requires all employees to be maintain full vaccination against COVID-19 unless an accommodation is legally required.
Interested applicants may send their resume to:
Fiscal & Human Resources Meyer