Part-Time Family Law Attorney
Gulfcoast Legal Services, a nonprofit civil legal aid provider, is seeking a part-time Family Law staff attorney to join our team based out of our Bradenton office location. This position will require 20 hours/week. Occasional travel may be necessary in Manatee and Sarasota Counties. Remote work opportunities are available.
This position involves a high degree of professionalism, advocacy, compassion, trauma informed care and independence. The successful candidate will provide a full range of high quality legal services to individual clients and to client groups, including representation in Manatee and Sarasota Circuit Courts and outreach services. The position reports to an experienced Deputy Director for family law. Applicants should be comfortable working with survivors of abuse and trauma.
- Ability to work on various community projects with partnering agencies, including outreach and presentations at domestic violence and sexual assault centers.
- Ability to work independently and with attention to detail on all case matters and with clients in crisis.
- Ability to deal professionally, courteously, and efficiently with people and clients in crisis. Experience with trauma informed care or training preferred.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality and work independently providing representation to clients in all areas of family law.
- A commitment to the provision of high-quality legal services to vulnerable populations.
- Juris Doctorate degree from ABA-accredited law school.
- Florida Bar membership and eligibility to practice law in the State of Florida.
- Prior experience as an attorney a plus, with preference for prior family law experience. Law school clinical experience and/or internship will be considered.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
Gulfcoast Legal Services is an equal opportunity employer. Pay is $25.00/ hour. We offer paid time off, ability to work from home and flexible schedules. GLS requires all employees to be maintain full vaccination against COVID-19 unless an accommodation is legally required. GLS is a non-profit agency and relies on grants to sustain its programs. Employment is contingent upon continued funding.
Interested applicants may send their resume to:
Tara Meyer, Fiscal & Human Resources Coordinator